Sunday 27 June 2010

Red lipstick Series - Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in 72 Coromandel

Hello everyone, it's hot, so very very hot! I have literally lazed around all day huffing and sweating so tonight I thought I would bring you something a little bit special in the red lippy series. Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in 72 Coromandel. I would never have purchased this normally but more on that later.


Colour (4.5/5)
An orange/gold tone fire red and I love it. It is too intense to be anywhere near a coral shade most definitely red though not orange and the shine is just amazing! Also for something so orange toned it actually makes my teeth look pretty white which is odd I always thought it was meant to be the other way around.

Application (5/5)
This straddles the gap between gloss and lipstick I like to think of it as a liquid lipstick because it is so heavily pigmented there is no way it could ever be a gloss. What makes it gloss like is the fact you apply it with a little fuzzy doe foot applicator which makes application so precise there is no way you can mess up. No brush work required with this it just glides on ad normally I don't even bother to line my lips before this one you just don't need to. You get a very intense coverage straight away and it is so handy for touch ups on the move.

Ronseal factor (4.5/5)
Discover the pure indulgence of liquid lip lacquer, a colour innovation that could only come from CHANEL. Intensely rich colour and shine last for hours -- and the temptingly creamy formula conditions as it hydrates lips. All this, with full coverage, in eight stunning shades.
Intensely rich colour and shine - yes. Lasts for hours - yes. Creamy formula - yes. Conditions and hydrates lips - meh, you see this is where it looses half a point for me after a day of wear with this my lips are a bit dry but more on that later. Full coverage - yes.

Wear (5/5)
This really does go all day and I think this is why it is drying my lips because I am just not re applying it enough. You don't need to it goes on glossy and a little wet/slippy then it kinda sets and just stays there your lips feel great and the colour always looks fresh.

Price (2.5/5)
I've gone right down the middle with the score on this one and here's why. It's £23, yes you heard me right £23 that's so excessive that I could never bring myself to ever ever spend that on a lip product. This one I picked up on a random sale self in Boots and paid £10 for it which in my books is still pretty high up there. What can I say though it's a luxe product with a luxe price tag and if you can afford that kind of thing it is more than worth it.

Packaging (4/5)
Beautiful, sleek, black, classic and everything you would expect from Chanel. I love pulling this out of my handbag as it is a really classy product the only fault I have with it is that it gets a little messy. the opening on the actual tube could be a little tighter as you get too much product on the applicator and you can't scrape it back into the tube it just goes everywhere. Nothing a bit of tissue wouldn't sort out but at £23 a pop I hate to be wasting product.

How it left the lips (3/5)
It comes off pretty easily with no skin staining and only left the lips a little dry.

Overall 28.5 out of 35 - kinda figures really if anyone is going to do an awesome red lippy it's going to be Chanel. If you can afford to pick one of these up then do they do 8 shades and I would love to test some of the others to see if they are just as good.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning.
    You're a lover of red lipstick just like me!
    i cannot live without red lips and nails.
    I tried Coromandel, but is so orange on me.
    My big love is Allure lacque Dragon by Chanel.
    OMG!, and even that i'm half asian and people may think my skin is warm toned, it's not, because cool colors look amazing on me, whereas warm tones like coromandel...awful.
    I'm wating my MUFE artist lipsticks 21,43 and 48 they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete