Saturday 2 April 2011

Nails of the Week

Just a short update of the colours I have been wearing this week. Firstly we have the Bourjois So Laque! 37 Bleu asphalte, this is from the pretty ballerina collection which seems to be dusty pinks and greys and it is a nice change from the neon brights and corals which seem to be on offer in most spring collections at the moment.
It is their standard formula so I don't know why I found this a bit of a pain to apply but it just seemed a little bit gloopy. The colour is a bit meh too it is slightly more lilac in the bottle than on the nails and I wasn't expecting it to look quite so dark on me but perhaps that is because I am so pale. It also doesn't play well with the seche vite so there was a tiny amount of shrinkage but no chips.
natural light
artificial light

This is one from my Japanese haul, it's by Majolica Majorca and the colour is RD420. It is a vibrant red in the same vain as Mavala Rococo Red or China Glaze Ruby Deer. It is not creamy or opaque but it is really highly pigmented and it applies beautifully. This is my first Majolica Majorca nail polish and they do seem like pretty good quality. The wear was good also no chips or tip wear and it didn't leave my fingers all stained after removing it which is unusual for me and red.


No comments:

Post a Comment