Wednesday 17 February 2010

Failed experiment

It just wasn't meant to be. Remember all the way back in December when I got my first order through from the fantastic Radiant Babe One of the polishes I bought was OPI Lincoln Park After Dark in Matte. Well I got round to trying last week and I have to say the results were just not pretty (so bad that I couldn't even bring myself to take a photo) I did exactly as it said, no hand cream, no base coat, no top coat and I applied it very carefully. It went on fairly well but unfortunately all I had read was true, it showed up every single flaw in my nail, only stayed matte for a matter of minutes and was chipped even before I went to bed.
I walked around all day being utterly ashamed of my nails and looking very unprofessional. I could not wait to get rid of it and I was praying all day that because I had not used a base coat that my nails were not stained beyond repair. Luckily they were fine and it came off really easily but I will not be repeating the experience anytime soon I will go on to try this like a regular colour with base and top coats as it is meant to be a pretty colour but to be honest in matte it just looked like I had taken a permanent marker to my nails,
Matte is not for me it proved to be more than my OCD brain could handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment