Sunday 21 March 2010

Long time no blog

Sorry I have been really rubbish at keeping this up lately, I have been in the midst of a work crisis and I have also had a mini health scare but I am fine now and really to get back into the swing of things.
Since I last blogged I haven't really made many purchases as I am trying to concentrate on my 10 pan project and curb my spending (I caved today but more about that later). I have however been keeping up with the latest trends and trying out lots of products from my extensive collection for the first time. I also went to the professional beauty show down at the Excel centre and was very unimpressed.
So without further ado here are the latest nail looks I have been sporting.


No7 - Totally Teal, I got this because boots were giving away vouchers so I thought why not. Not quite a dupe for the OPI Jade is the new black but quite close, it's a little more dusty looking but still really wearable. The application was actually really good and No7 have actually got a fairly good brush in there. The wear was good with no chipping and only slight tip wear. No7 is a brand that actually straddles the Budget/Premium line coming in at £6.25 per bottle and it seems to perfectly justify the price.


Cheshire Cat - stripes of Nails Inc in Belgrave Place and OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender. Just feeling a little silly after all the Alice in Wonderland Madness.



N.Y.C in Chinatown. Grey shimmer with a very very subtle lilac to it. I actually quite like this I have never been much of a fan of greys but this gun metal shade is really nice, I was only 2 coats of this and it was really easily applied. Suffered terrible tip wear but no chips. First time I have tried N.Y.C nail polishes and I will be picking up some other shades from the range.


Nails Inc - Belgrave Place. as ever nails inc comes up trumps this is a really bright purple and of course application was great. I have had this shade a while and I do keep going back to it as bright purple is one of my safe colours and it works really well with my skin tone.



OPI - Overexposed on South Beach. This is from the mini collection and the first time I tried it I really hated it but back then I hadn't really tried much of the spectrum of nail colours out there. It is still a little on the pinky side of purple for me to fall in love with it but I do really like it and it has that very subtle shimmer that OPI do better than anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment