Monday 26 April 2010

MUA - the Superdrug £1 brand

OK so unless you have been hiding under a rock of late you will have realised the Superdrug have launched a range of makeup where every item costs only £1. The brand is called MUA (make up academy) and has a pretty comprehensive range of products including mascaras, lip and eye products. I happened to be passing Superdrug on Thursday and I couldn't help checking it out, there were some pretty colours but nothing spoke to me. I was passing by again at the weekend and my curiosity got the better of me I had to give it a try. Of course the colours I had been interested in has sold out but I did pick up 3 items. Eye shadows in shades 18 and 13 and a nail polish in shade 12.
with flash
natural light

My expectations were not high and the packaging reinforced that, very plastic fantastic and the nail polish is tiny but the shadows are a good size. Nails being my passion I couldn't wait to try out shade 12 and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, of course the bottle felt like something you get off the front of a magazine when you were 12 but the brush was not at all bad and it really did go on rather nicely. The consistency is similar to Bourjois and the shade I picked seemed to be very pigmented so base, 2 coats of colour and my seche vite and this nail colour could have been by anyone. I had it on for 2 days and it wore well with no chipping and hardly any tip wear so I can say I will definitely be trying out the other shades in the range.

on to the eyeshadows, this is the look I did


I have to say the colours are great I love the shades and the pigmentation is not at all bad but we have seen some very good budget brands recently (NYX & Sleek) so we have been kind of spoiled. The lasting power of these shade was phenomenal it stayed in place with absolutely no budging till I took it off tonight and we are talking no fall out or creasing here. This I think is what my main problem was this morning, I used my UDPP as usual and I could just not get them to blend, the seem to stick fast which made the application a chore. The end result is nice don't get me wrong but working with them was a challenge, it would not put my off buying more I just think I have to work out a better way of using them.

Have you tried anything from the range? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I have that shade of polish plus shade 5 (mint) and 6 red....they have all been fab so far!

    ReplyDelete