Tuesday 12 April 2011

FOTD and An Experiment

So lets start off with a very quick face of the day.



Products used

L'Oreal Collagen Eye Filler
No7 Protect & Perfect Day Cream

Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation in 100 (very light ivory)
Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer 01 (nude beige)
Bourjois Mineral Radiance Pressed Powder 02 (vanille)

Eyebrows - Natural Collection eyeshadow in Midnight
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Eyeshadow - Boy Crazy all over the lid, Azuki bean in crease and under lower lashes, Moshi Moshi to high light in the centre of the lid.
Cheeks - Mac Sakura Blush
Lips - Poppy King for No7 in Confidence
Mascara - Collection 200 Big Fake in 17 (ultra black)

Now on to the experiment!
I blogged a few days ago about the amazing staying power of the Integrate nail polish I had tried and how I was unsure if it was the polish or the Orly Bonder that cause the phenomenal wear. I decided to set up an experiment I gave myself a new manicure using a cheapy Polish (actually it was free with the big fake mascara) from Collection 2000, it's one of their new "hot looks" and the colour is 43 fruit salad.
The experiment is as follows, the left hand is Orly Bonder and the right hand is OPI Natural Nail Base Coat.

Right Hand - OPI


Left Hand - Orly

Pretty colour huh. Both were topped with my normal Seche Vitte, Let see the damage from Saturday morning to Tuesday night.

Right Hand - OPI

Left Hand - Orly

As you can see the thumb and the index finger on the OPI have chipped a little but but considering I am right handed thats not bad going.

Right thumb
Right index

I am a little bit bummed about this to honest I wanted the exceptional wear to be down to the Orly Bonder (I have decided there was no clear winner they both wore about the same) but it does seem to look like the Integrate is just a really really good polish. Is it crazy that I would consider flying back to Japan just to get my hands on some more bottles of this.






No comments:

Post a Comment