Saturday 15 January 2011

Red Lipstick Series - Daniel Sandler "all for eve"

Next up in the series we have a bit of a curve ball. I am a sucker for a charity pin badge/cuddly toy/piece of tat, especially if it is a woman related charity and I am always picking things up at the till. So what better to tick all my boxes than this little beauty. This lipstick is called Eve Red and is part of the cosmetics line launched to raise awareness and support for The Eve Appeal which is dedicated to saving lives by research into gynaecological cancers. My mum lost one of her very best friend last year to this devastating illness so any thing that helps is a winner in my book.
So onto the lipstick itself, it's created by Daniel Sandler and it's a corker.



Colour (4/5)
This a very wearable darker almost blood red, very very glossy but not too pigmented which means you can slick it on with ease and would be a great one to wear over a stain.

Application (4/5)
Loved they way this applied it was so effortless, this is one of the very few reds I would feel confident in touching up without a mirror. It's not a harsh shade at all and really melts onto the lips in a very satisfying way. I used the same liner I always use for these reviews in the interests of fairness but to be honest I think I would wear this without a liner.

Ronseal Factor (5/5)
They say - "this lipstick provides long lasting colour. Eve Red is timeless and instills courage and poise" It is true that nothing quite gives me the womanly feeling that a red lip does. This lipstick is long lasting and they give their profits to charity. Full Marks.

Wear (3/5)
This isn't the most pigmented lipstick I have tried but it does have fairly good lasting power it seems to fade from red through pinks to leave you with a just been snogging look which I really like. It's very low maintenance and I love that about it feels far more like a balm than a lipstick and your lips feel amazing while wearing it.

Price (5/5)
This retail and £10 and all profits go to the charity. This is a price comparable with most drug store brands and the quality is comparable with the premium brands. I also actually only paid £6.50 for this in the Fenwicks sale and I can see myself reaching for it a lot.

Packaging (2.5/5)


Bog standard black and silver lipstick case no external markings. They obviously compromised on the packaging to afford a better formula and that is what you are paying for at the end of the day so you can't grumble too much but a logo or something would have been nice.

How it left the lips (5/5)
Like I said more like a balm than a lipstick very glossy and nourishing it feels amazing on and left me lips pillow and soft.

Overall 28.5 out of 35 far more than I expected from this I can tell you If they could improve the packaging then I would bulk buy these incase they ever stopped making them. It has also now inspired me to try out the Nail Polish!


No comments:

Post a Comment